Thursday, December 23, 2010

Twelve Days of Recipes- Day 12

As a child one of my favorite dishes was Macaroni and Cheese. I loved when my Mom or Dad would make a pot of mac and cheese; I liked it even better when it was Thanksgiving and my Aunt would make homemade baked Mac and Cheese. I've incorporated this recipe into my own collection of best loved recipes. This is perfect for church socials, birthday parties, cookouts and holiday dinners.

Macaroni and Cheese

13x9 baking dish- buttered

1- 1 LB box of elbow macaroni

2 bags of shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1 bag of shredded mild cheddar cheese

1/ 2 stick of butter- cut into 12 slices

1 cup of milk

2 eggs beaten

Salt and Pepper to taste

Bring water to boil, add the noodles, let cook until tender about 9-10 minutes

Drain noodles and return to cooking pot

Add 1 bag of Mild Cheddar and 1 bag of Sharp Cheddar

Transfer cheese noodles to baking dish, sprinkle with seasonings

Add the slices of butter to the top of noodles 3 rows down 4 across

With last remaining bag of cheese, cover the noodles with cheese

Combine the beaten eggs and 1 cup milk, pour evenly over noodle mixture

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy the Taste of

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails