Monday, April 26, 2010

Time Out for Mommy.


I was reading an book the other day that talked about time out for moms. I loved the way the author talked about how we need to have patience for our children even when they are having major meltdowns and tantrums. It will help the realize how they should behave when things aren't going the way they want them to go. She talked about how if you are going to loose your temper you should walk away go to the bathroom or another room give your self a moment to have a quick "time out" regain your thoughts and your patience. I realized I was already doing this sometimes. All though I could think of moments where I wish I had taken a time out.

It reminds me of a poem by Dorothy Law Nolte-

If children live with criticism,
they learn to condemn.

If children live with kindness and consideration,
they learn respect.

I want my children to not just be good rounded citizens of America I want them to have patience, love, appreciation and I want them to learn truthfulness. I want my children to learn these qualities from me their mother. So I see some things I need to work on. Patience would be my biggest weakness at the moment. So this month I will be working on showing patience to my son and my husband. Hopefully one day LM will look back at who his mother was and describe me as a patient woman of God.

Related Posts with Thumbnails