Friday, January 1, 2010

Make your own baby food.


I am a big fan of making your own baby food. Not only does it save you tons of money it is very easy to do and very satisfying for you and your baby. I made Little Mans baby food from day one. I would puree it and freeze them in ice cube trays. I would make several batches in one day and they would last forever. It never took very long to cook and puree them and it was always very easy to grab however many cubes my son would eat at his meal times. I thought it would be a very daunting task yet I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed doing it. I have started doing it again. Yes my son is about to be 18 months old, so you may be wondering why on earth I am doing it again. The answer is simple he hates to eat veggies unless they are green peas. So now I puree sweet potatoes and use a couple of the cubes in the morning to cool off his oatmeal. While the cubes cool and mix into the oatmeal I cannot help but have a smile on my face.

I know that Little Man will be getting more veggies in his diet and it is seriously one of the best feelings when you know your child has eaten healthy foods.
So if you have a little picky eater try mixing some into foods they already love and eat! A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails