Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Favorite


Yesterday my sister and I stopped at the local bakery; we were stopping by for her favorite Cream Cheese Brownies, and to get cookies for the our sweet kids. I decided I'd let her surprise me with a treat.

If you know me, and sisters know best- then you know I have a sweet tooth, okay, I'm being a little deceiving, I'll be truthful- I actually have a mouthful of sweet teeth. I love cookies, candies, cupcakes, doughnuts, ice cream, brownies, chocolate chips, muffins, and pie. It is hard to pass on anything sweet, especially chocolate. I really thought she'd bring me a doughnut, but instead she got me a chocolate covered peanut butter ball. I haven't had one of these in forever, and loved every bite!

To make your very own Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls check out the recipe below. These make excellent gifts for anyone who is not allergic to a peanut.

Ingredients

2 sticks unsalted butter

1 cup of creamy peanut butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper

In a medium saucepan over low hear, melt the butter with the peanut butter. Stir in vanilla. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sugar until smooth. (The mixture will be the texture of thick dough.) While still warm, use your hands to shape the dough into balls by the tablespoonful. Place on the baking sheet.

In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the chocolate, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and use a toothpick to dip balls halfway in chocolate. Place back on the baking sheet. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.

Makes about 40 balls

Enjoy the Taste of



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails