Wednesday, February 9, 2011

30 Days Of Truth......day 1




Okay. This week is going way faster than I think it should be. Lets get this 30 Days of Truth started!! Here is the whole list of questions.
Day 1.
Something you hate about yourself......

That is such an easy question for me to answer. Doesn't everyone know right off the bat what they would change?
For me it would be my anxiety.
I could completely live my life without freaking out over everything. My anxiety affects my life on such a daily basis and even though I have become very good at hiding it around others. If you really know me. You know I have issues and worry about all kinds of things.

Now I know what you are thinking. Rebecca, I worry about everything too! Well just so you understand where I am coming from I have a bit of information from Helpguide.org to clarify just what kind of worries I am talking about.


Worries, doubts, and fears are a normal part of life. It’s natural to be anxious about your upcoming SAT test or your finances after being hit by unexpected bills. The difference between “normal” worrying and generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is that the worrying involved in GAD is much more frequent and disruptive.

For example, after watching a news report about a terrorist bombing in the Middle East, the average person might feel a temporary sense of unease and worry. A person with generalized anxiety disorder, however, might be up all night afterwards, then continue worrying for days about a worst-case scenario in which his or her small hometown is attacked.


That is SO me! I don't like to drive at night because once I heard on the news about a man
with police lights pulling women over and attacking them. I just know it will happen to me.
Also I refuse to pee in the toilet without looking first, for fear a critter is waiting to bite me. I read about that in the paper as a child.
Yes.......
I know. I am crazy!!
Those are just a few examples I feel like sharing.
So there you have it.

I hate my anxiety.




PS
If you join in on 3 Days of Truth, let me know!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails