Monday, September 13, 2010

Date Night

Over the weekend I had a wonderful date with my hubby. I think the last date we went on sans kids was last October when we saw Brandi in concert at the Tabernacle. His parents watched our boys while we went to another Brandi Carlile concert. After the concert we went to Haagen Daz for ice cream. The owner really liked my hubby, she offered him 3 samples, and me only one! I had the Amaretto Almond Crunch in a chocolate dipped waffle cone. It was heavenly. I had a really nice time having alone time with just Brad. It was the little things that evening that stood out in my mind. We stopped at QT to get something to drink and I didn't have to wait in the car. I got to go in and make my self a fountain drink! I know, I know this sounds a bit silly, but that night it felt like we were young again and in young love. I'm going to try harder to plan more husband and wife only dates . I felt more closer to him and more his "wife" and not just "mommy".


How often do you and your significant other have date night? Every week, Once a Month, as often as we can, I can't remember the last time. I wanna hear from YOU.

Let me clarify, "date" it involves doing something away from home, not just merely watching a movie on the sofa after the kids are in bed.

Enough weekend recapping, make the recipe below tonight for dinner for your family, it is yummy and so easy to make that I'm sure you will add this to your meal plans.

Chicken Pesto Pasta
aka Chicken Nugget Pasta (my oldest calls this meal by this name, and it is his FAVORITE MEAL).

2-3 skinless boneless chicken breasts chopped into bite size
Italian Seasoning, or black pepper, salt, and garlic
1 lb of your favorite pasta- I use bow tie or penne pasta
1/2 cup of pesto sauce - prefer Classico's brand. Pesto can be found close to spaghetti sauce

Season and saute chicken until done
Boil water and cook noodles Al Dente (9-10mins)
Drain noodles

Combine chicken, pasta, and pesto

I serve my pasta with a side of steamed broccoli and a warm baguette.

Enjoy the Taste of

1 comments:



Tricia at Mom is the Only Girl said...

A little while back Hubby and I went on 3 dates in 2 weeks - 2 were things that just fell in our laps and one was planned! It was so amazing to have that time together I blogged about it too! Before then I think we'd only gone on dates maybe 3 times since my 21 mo old was born! Each time it was sooooo wonderful to not be in "Mommy-mode"! I'm so glad you had the opportunity, too! Don't you just love it?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails