Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Book Club

So I have a book club that I attend with some friends. I will not lie and tell you that I always read the books. I rarely do. It is odd that I don't read them because I used to be a big reader. I would go through about 2-3 books a week. Somewhere along the path of life I have not been as good as I once was. I believe my turn to host book club will be coming up soon and have put some thought into which book I will pick. I have decided to pick my all time favorite book I have ever read. The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. It is a true story about Corrie and her family and how they were sent to a concentration camp for hiding Jews in their home. I have never in my life seen a family that had such faith in Jesus Christ and have been forever touched by their story. I think I need to reread it again, but I know with all these hormones I will be one big baby while doing so. I know this because it was a tear jerker the last time I read it and I wasn't even expecting.
You should check it out and enjoy it for yourselves.



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails